Time to pull back the blanket and wake your pool up for summer.
Traditionally AFL grand final weekend is the trigger to start to get your pool summer ready.
It’s time to roll back the cover & start to enjoy your pool.
Rainwise have a few simple hints and tips to help.
Top Tips For A Summer Ready Pool
- Never empty your pool without professional advice. No matter what condition your water is in after winter; do not drain your pool. You may void your pool warranty if you empty you pool without first consulting your pool builder.
- Check water levels. If your pool has overfilled due to rain or has lost a little water due to evaporation now is time to ensure your water level is correct. Make sure the water level is at the middle of the skimmer box to allow for proper circulation.
- Ensure everything is clean and in good working order. Clean out pump baskets, skimmer baskets, and clean leaves from the pool. Check all pool equipment is running properly. Check your filter pressure (should sit between 50-100KPA) clean filter cartridges if necessary & check your chlorinator cell for calcium built up and clean if necessary.
- Turn your pool back to summer mode. Turn the equipment running hours back to 8 hours per day. Summer chlorination mode is usually 4 hours in the morning and 4 hours at night (8 hours in every 24) Increase the cell production percentage to maintain chlorination at ideal levels. (usually between 2-4ppm)
- Test the water. After the pool water has circulated for 24-48 hours, it’s time to visit your nearest pool shop to have your water professionally tested. (We would love to see you at our store 1125 Sydney Rd Coburg) For clear, sparkling, healthy water, you will need to ensure your PH is within healthy levels & chlorine levels are adequate to disinfect all microorganisms.
- Vacuum your pool to remove any settled debris and add a clarifier to polish your water.
- Now you are ready to enjoy your pool and wait until the war weather returns!
Although owning a Rainwise pool fitted with our fantastic range of Davey pool equipment makes pool ownership and maintenance easy, we suggest you follow these simple steps and your pool will be ready to enjoy on the first warm day!
It’s important to remember that the long winter months mean many pool have been neglected. Your pool may look clean, but if you haven’t maintained it over the winter months, it may not be safe to swim in.
Untreated pool water can cause real harm to swimmers with increased levels of microorganisms, algae and bacteria posing serious health risks. If in doubt, call the professionals 1800RAINWISE.